Supporting Men’s Health for an Active Wellness Lifestyle…
Research shows that men seek regular medical care less often than women and they’re more likely to choose unhealthy or risky behaviour. The more committed you are to choosing healthy lifestyle choices; the easier it is to maintain your health.
June is Men’s Health Awareness Month and here are some useful tips to help Men maintain good health:
1. Routine check–ups are important to monitor heart health. According to the British Heart Foundation charity, men are more likely than women to develop heart disease at some point in their lives.1
2. Don’t smoke. Avoid exposure to second-hand smoke, air pollution and chemicals, as much as possible.
3. Limit alcohol. Imbibe in moderation, which means up to two drinks a day for men 65 and younger and one drink for those older. Moderate alcohol use for healthy adults means up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger.2
4. Eat a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, whole grains, high-fiber foods and lean sources of protein, such as fish and free-range chicken. Limit foods high in saturated and trans fat, sodium and sugar. Supplement your daily diet.
5. Exercise regularly. It’s common knowledge that exercise boosts physical and mental well-being. Make sure you are supported in your exercise routine to avoid injuries. Wear suitable footwear and support your muscles during the harder training sessions and after.
This month of June, let’s celebrate all the Men in our lives.